Carmel Valley students earn awards in After School Learning Tree Speech Contest
To celebrate and encourage the development of public speaking skills among young children in San Diego, Teen Speaking Skills President and Founder Kathleen Petrone teamed up with Principal Hong Yu at After School Learning Tree to host the first annual After School Learning Tree Speech Contest.
On Oct. 25, children from 1st-4th grade showcased their public speaking skills grade as they presented short inspirational speeches.
The winners in the 1st & 2nd grade division were: 1st place – Amy Feng “Dr. Seuss”; 2nd place – Jonathan Deng “The Food Bank”; and 3rd place – Katherine Ge “My Mom and Dad.”
The winners in the 3rd & 4th grade contest were: 1st place – Lucky Sun “Helping People”; 2nd place – Irene Huang “Gabby Douglas”; and 3rd place – Nicole Su “The Humane Society.” Congratulations to these young San Diego speakers!
For more information on how your child can become a confident, effective communicator and to register your child for public speaking skills classes, please visit www.TeenSpeakingSkills.com or call After School Learning Tree at (858) 259-0066.
- After School Learning Tree and Teen Speaking Skills offer ‘Inspirational Speech Contest’ for Students in San Diego
- After School Learning tree students win dance awards
- Carmel Valley students shine during showcase speech event
- Carmel Valley teen-speaking-skills students to star in graduation ceremony
- Carmel Valley, Del Mar and Solana Beach students earn 29th annual Vic Kops Children’s Challenge Awards
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=42263