Del Mar to hold holiday blanket and jacket drive for North County families
The City of Del Mar recently announced that the City and the Del Sol Lions have teamed-up to collect new and gently used blankets and jackets for the annual Holiday Baskets Program.
The Community Resource Center started this program 30 years ago by distributing baskets of food to 50 low-income working families. Today, the Holiday Basket Program serves over 1,500 pre-qualified North County families (approximately 6,400 people, over half of whom are children) and the generic baskets of food have expanded to a dignified shopping experience held at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
If you are interested in supporting this program, please bring unwrapped blankets and jackets to the Del Mar City Hall lobby at 1050 Camino Del Mar during normal business hours (Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). Items will be collected through Friday, Dec. 14.
For further information, please contact: Katie Benson at Del Mar City Hall, 858-755-9313, or Linette Page at Del Sol Lions, 858-243-3336.
- Del Mar to hold holiday blanket and jacket drive for North County families
- Donations needed at Del Mar City Hall for Holiday Baskets program
- Help Solana Beach brighten the lives of local families in need
- Del Mar: 28th annual holiday baskets program at fairgrounds to serve record numbers
- Holiday Baskets to serve record number
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=42398