Del Mar Hills’ Learning Garden blooms for students
Del Mar Hills Academy is ready to start classes—outside. Since this past summer, there has been a transformation of the school’s outdoor Learning Garden, which offers students the chance to get their hands dirty, study nature, and derive inspiration from it.
In July, the school’s Dads Club completed installation of a new fence: After Hills parents Sharone Wheitz and Joe Dunn removed the existing fence, the project was turned over to former Hills student Cameron Arnold of Atlas Construction. Cam and his crew—including family members and several other former Hills students—volunteered their time and expertise to install the new fence.
A few weeks ago, another stage was completed in the outdoor classroom: troughs, benches, and a shed. The benches will be placed into a teaching circle, and will also convert into desks for learning. The next phase will start soon: more plants.
- Community invited to explore Quantum Learning at Del Mar Hills
- Fusion Academy and Learning Center reopens in Solana Beach
- Del Mar Heights school advances students’ tech education with iTouch Learning program
- Del Mar Hills students test their engineering prowess
- Students join forces to support a learning center in India
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=42983