Man jaywalking in Carmel Valley killed when hit by car
By City News Service
A man was fatally struck by a vehicle before dawn today, Nov. 28, while jaywalking across a street in the Torrey Hills neighborhood of Carmel Valley, San Diego police said.
The man, who was about 70, was attempting to cross in the 4600 block of Carmel Mountain Road near Ocean Air Drive about 6 a.m. when he was struck by an eastbound vehicle, according to San Diego Police Officer Dan Lasher.
The man was taken to a hospital where he later died, Lasher said. His name was not immediately released. The occupants of the vehicle were not injured.
The southbound lanes of Carmel Mountain Road were closed between Ocean Air Drive and Vereda Mar Del Corazon, likely until about 10 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
- One killed in crash near Del Mar
- Carmel Valley surgeon killed in motorcycle accident
- Motorcycle rider killed in accident on I-5 near Del Mar Heights Rd.
- Two injured in morning crash in Sorrento Valley
- Woman killed in morning crash on I-5 identified
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=42971