Solana Pacific Girl Scout Troop earns Bronze award one shoe at a time!
Girl Scout Troop 1360 worked with the nonprofit organization Donate Your Old Shoes to collect, sort and deliver over 500 pairs of shoes. Earlier this year, the girls held a shoe drive at Solana Pacific Elementary School, plus collected shoes from family, friends and neighbors. They also spent several hours at the storage unit organizing and boxing shoes to be shipped overseas to places where people are barefoot. These shoes have gone to countries like the Philipines, Nicaragua,and even the jungles of Africa. Donate Your Old Shoes was established by Carmel Valley’s Cleary family. For more information on the organization, visit www.donateyouroldshoes.org
Concurrent with the Bronze award, the troop completed the requirements for the Junior Girl Scout journey Amaze.
This troop has been together since they were in second grade under the expert guidance of troop leaders Julie Sherlock and Susan Zhang.
“It’s been a pleasure watching the girls grow!” says Sherlock.
The girls are now going for their next goal — the Silver award.
- Carmel Valley Girl Scout Troop 1224 receives Bronze Award
- Troop 713 member Max Voce earns Eagle Scout Award
- Girl Scout Troop 1776 donates new bookcase, books to Ocean Air. Rec. Center
- Senior Girl Scout Troop 1411 Holiday Bazaar
- Girl Scout Troop 1248 members help families at UCSD Bannister House
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=43239