Del Mar Fairgrounds master plan lawsuit settled
By City News Service
The 22nd District Agricultural Association, the cities of Solana Beach and Del Mar and the San Dieguito River Park Joint Powers Authority have settled a lawsuit over the environmental impact report for the Del Mar Fairgrounds master plan.
Details are scheduled to be released at a news conference on Tuesday, Dec. 11, but a statement said concerns over the plan’s impacts have been resolved.
The association is the fairground’s state-run governing body.
“The settlement over our master plan EIR paves the way for the 22nd DAA to work towards the renovation of the fairgrounds’ old and outdated exhibit facilities, and at the same time implements additional measures beyond what is called out in the EIR, to mitigate concerns from the local communities on traffic, noise and environmental concerns,’’ Association Board President Adam Day said.
Olga Diaz, the chairwoman of the river park’s JPA and an Escondido City Councilwoman, said she looked forward to upcoming environmental restoration efforts along the river.
- Del Mar Fairgrounds board agrees to settle lawsuit
- Fair board doubles plan review time; Draft EIR for fairgrounds Master Plan released
- Solana Beach will be joined by Del Mar and San Dieguito River Valley JPA in fairgrounds legal challenge
- Del Mar moves forward on fairgrounds future plan
- Del Mar, Solana Beach joining forces to legally challenge fairgrounds’ redevelopment plan
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=43337