Breast cancer survivors help the homeless
Carmel Valley resident Lynn Flanagan’s breast cancer support group held its annual holiday party Dec. 15 at Flanagan’s home. Rather than hold a gift exchange for themselves, this group of breast cancer survivors each brought a sleeping bag to donate to Father Joe’s Villages for the homeless. A total of 25 sleeping bags were donated. The members believe that “the best cure for one’s own issues is to focus on the needs of others.” Breast surgeon Dr. Michele Carpenter and Scripps Clinic oncologist Dr. Michael Kosty also attended the event.
- Breast cancer survivor shares information through lectures, support group
- Ronda’s Closet marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Locals will race for a cure for breast cancer
- Breast Cancer stories: Surviving breast cancer ‘also brings gifts’
- Susan G. Komen gives $500K for breast cancer screenings
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=44009