Harvest Ranch closes at Del Mar Plaza
By Claire Harlin
Those who attended wine tastings and special events at the Harvest Ranch Market —which abruptly closed Dec. 31 after serving Del Mar for 25 years — can continue attending those events at La Jolla’s Jonathan’s Market, a specialty grocer of the same company.
Al Bercuson, the director of Jonathan’s, said the owners did not renew the lease at the Del Mar Plaza, located at 1555 Camino Del Mar, and he was not authorized to comment on why. He said he would be updating the website, www.harvestranchmarkets.com, later this week with more information. In the meantime, store employees are cleaning up the 12,000-square-foot Del Mar site, a large task that includes moving all the wine to the La Jolla location.
“The good news is that 90 percent of the people who worked at Harvest Ranch got moved to other stores,” Bercuson said.
Harvest Ranch was known for its extensive wine selection, as well as its rare and imported meats, cheeses and snacks.
- Mixed response voiced to updated plans for Pacific Highlands Ranch Village Center in Carmel Valley
- Gardening guru Mel Bartholomew reaps global harvest
- Jack’s La Jolla closes suddenly
- Changes planned for Pacific Highlands Ranch project
- New ownership, other changes in store for Del Mar Plaza
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=44198