SANDAG conducting geotechnical work this weekend
SANDAG is conducting geotechnical work within the railroad right-of-way along the LOSSAN coastal rail line this weekend. Day and night time activities could include drilling, soil testing, engineering, and/or maintenance activities in selected locations in Del Mar in the vicinity of the San Dieguito River and Del Mar Fairgrounds.
SANDAG has stated that their crews will minimize noise and other impacts to residents and businesses to the greatest extent possible. Because this is an active rail line, engineering and construction must be conducted when trains are not in operations. Passenger and freight trains will not operate between Oceanside Transit Center and Downtown San Diego from Jan. 11 at 10 p.m. to Jan. 14 at 4 a.m.
Project information can be found at www.KeepSanDiegoMoving.com/LOSSAN. Train schedules and alternatives can be found at www.goNCTD.com or www.Amtrak.com.
- Pile drilling and installation to stabilize Del Mar bluffs completed
- Night maintenance work planned at the Del Mar Bluffs
- Pedestrian improvement work begins in Del Mar
- Solana Beach Deputy Mayor Joe Kellejian elected chairman of coastal rail corridor board
- SANDAG continues to investigate cause of pipe accident
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=44377