Urban Solace to fill former Paradise Grille space at Flower Hill
By Claire Harlin
The owners of the popular North Park restaurant Urban Solace, who also opened a sister restaurant in Encinitas in 2011, will be coming to the Flower Hill Promenade this spring, announced mall owner Jeffrey Essakow on Jan. 16.
The restaurant is known for its unique menu of naturally-produced, hormone- and antibiotic-free comfort foods, as well its weekly live music Bluegrass Brunch event on Sundays. Flower Hill property manager Rose Jabin said the owner and executive chef of Urban Solace and Encinitas’ Solace and The Moonlight Lounge, Matt Gordon, may choose a different name for the location.
The lease signing took place on Jan. 14 and comes during a $30 million renovation of Flower Hill, which has been operated by Protea Properties for the past 10 years. Urban Solace replaces the former Paradise Grille, and it is one of seven new restaurants to open on the 14-acre property, located at 2720 Via De La Valle, Del Mar, 92014.
- Whole Foods set to open at Flower Hill in early 2013
- Planning board supports Flower Hill renovation plan update
- San Diego City Council approves Flower Hill Promenade upgrade
- San Diego City Council approves Flower Hill Promenade upgrade in unanimous vote
- Del Mar area Flower Hill upgrade project on schedule, management reports
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=44476