Suspect arrested in Del Mar public works truck burglary
By Claire Harlin
A suspect was arrested in Escondido on Jan. 16 in conjunction with the recent burglary of two city-marked trucks and thousands of dollars in equipment from a City of Del Mar public works yard, Encinitas sheriff detective Mike Casey said.
Casey said the incident took place between the evening of Jan. 9 and 5:55 a.m. on Jan. 10, when city employees arrived to find the front gate of the public works yard, located at 2240 Jimmy Durante. He said the lock had been broken off, and the loss totaled about $83,000.
Escondido police, who have not returned phone calls, are handling the investigation, Casey said. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Del Mar offers sandbags to residents
- Christmas tree recycling available for Del Mar residents
- Del Mar public works director announces retirement
- Del Mar celebrates Public Works Week
- City of Del Mar announces new public works director
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=44621