Del Mar-Solana Beach Optimist Club to hold oratorical contest
On Saturday, March 9, the Del Mar/Solana Beach Optimist Club will hold its annual Oratorical Contest for boys and girls under the age of 19. The speech contest will be held at the Calvary Lutheran Church, 424 Via De La Valle, Solana Beach, at 9 a.m. Cash prizes will awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the amount of $150, $100, and $50 respectively for both boys and girls, and winners continue on to participate in the Zone semi-finals. Those winners compete in the District finals, in which the winner will earn a $2,500 scholarship.
This year’s topic is: “Why My Voice is Important.” The contest is open to the public and the application is available at http://www.optimist.org/form/oratorical_rules_pad-e_12-13.pdf. The application deadline is Thursday, Feb. 28. Please fill out, print and send the application to Penny Pease, 545 Glencrest Dr., Solana Beach, CA 92075. You can contact her at 858-755-6136 or email at email@example.com.
The community is encouraged to attend the event and view these wonderful young people as they learn about public speaking in front of a live audience.
- Del Mar/Solana Beach Optimist Club Oratorical contest winners announced
- Del Mar/Solana Beach Optimist Club to hold annual Oratorical Contest
- The Optimist Club Del Mar – Solana Beach to sponsor essay contest for students
- DM/SB Optimist announces essay contest winners
- Optimist Club gives to Fresh Start
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=44683