Solana Beach City Council recognizes Santa Fe Christian football with formal proclamation
By Claire Harlin
The Solana Beach City Council on Jan. 23 honored the Santa Fe Christian’s football team for its four CIF state championships over the past decade, as well as its invitation last month to compete for the state title.
“Just to get that far guys, you’ve got to give yourself a pat on the back because it’s quite an accomplishment and we are really proud of you,” said Mayor Mike Nichols, adding that he watched the replay of the Dec. 14 game in which the Solana Beach team lost to Modesto’s Central Catholic High School.
The city’s proclamation recognized the team’s five appearances at Qualcomm Stadium and three final top-10 rankings in the county over the past 10 years, adding that the school is “developing men of character who will lead their communities.”
Head of School Tom Bennett and Coach Dan Egan introduced the players, as well as several others in attendance: assistant principal Pam Oden, offensive line coach Jon Litts and athletic director Tom Seitz.
He also gave a warm acknowledgement to Nick Ruscetta, who has been the team’s head coach since 2001.
“This is all Nick’s creation; this is all Nick’s doing; this is all under Nick’s leadership,” said Egan. “He is one of the most remarkable men I have the privilege of knowing.”
- City of Solana Beach to celebrate Veterans Day with public ceremony
- Solana Beach City Council approves Presbyterian Church renovation
- Solana Beach Presbyterian Church renovation project approved by City Council
- Six candidates running for three seats on Solana Beach City Council
- Solana Beach City Council debate still on, despite only half participation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=44853