Woman injured by her own SUV in Carmel Valley
By City News Service
A woman suffered potentially serious leg injuries Feb. 4 when she was run over by her own SUV at a Carmel Valley gas station, authorities reported.
The motorist parked her 2013 Ford Explorer at the Arco station at 3170 Carmel Valley Road shortly after 9 a.m. and got out without engaging her parking brake, according to San Diego police.
Seeing the vehicle start to roll away, the woman tried to get back in but fell underneath it, SDPD Detective Gary Hassen said.
Medics took her to a hospital for treatment of two possible leg fractures and other injuries. No one else was hurt, Hassen said.
- Police officer injured in Carmel Valley
- Head-on collision in Carmel Valley leaves two people injured
- Woman seriously injured in bicycle accident
- Car overturns in Carmel Valley, several people injured
- Man injured when car plunges off N. Torrey Pines
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=45169