Concert at Solana Beach Library to celebrate birthday of Charles Darwin
On Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the Solana Beach Library, the Friends of the Library are hosting a concert by Dr. Stephen Baird and the Galapagos Mountain Boys which will celebrate, in song, the birthday of Charles Darwin.
Born on Feb. 12, 1809, Charles Darwin was the first to recognize and clearly describe the process called evolution. In celebration of Darwin’s birthday, The Galapagos Mountain Boys will review the past 3 million years of the history of the cosmos using a music form they term “Scientific Gospel.” As one member of the band observed “Scientific Gospel is the only type of gospel music that will improve your grade in science.” Come enjoy the concert, have some fun, and if a new idea sneaks in when you are not expecting it, relax and enjoy the moment.
The Solana Beach Library is located at 157 Stevens Avenue, Solana Beach (telephone 858-755-1404). This program is free to the public.
- Students to join Coastal Communities Concert Band for special concert April 29
- Coastal Communities Concert Band, students to hold concert April 29
- Solana Beach Library to celebrate anniversary July 16
- Solana Beach Library’s Customer Appreciation Open House to feature music, Director of SD County Library
- Friends of Solana Beach Library to hold author presentation May 8
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=45326