Community Serve Day
Greta and Gavin help staff a lemonade stand at Solana Highlands Elementary School on Feb. 24. Since 2009, Solana Beach Presbyterian Church (SBPC) has designated a day where it closes its worship doors on Sunday in lieu of serving the community through service projects all up and down the coast.
One of the 150 projects the church identified was a Lemonade Stand to benefit Max’s Ring of Fire, a local non-profit that raises money and awareness for childhood cancer research. Carmel Valley residents and church members Andy and Melissa Mikulak founded Max’s Ring of Fire after their son Max Mikulak died in 2008 at age 7 from Neuroblastoma, a common form of childhood cancer.
- Lemonade stand benefiting Kids’ Cancer Research to be held Feb 24 in Carmel Valley
- Max’s Ring of Fire presents 4th Annual Touch a Truck fundraiser Sept. 29
- Touch a Truck charity event brings big fun
- Family hopes ‘ring of love’ will spread
- Online auction launched for Mikulak nonprofit
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=46237