Carmel Valley planning board approves speed limit change on Carmel Park Drive
By Karen Billing
The Carmel Valley Community Planning Board approved raising the speed limit from 25 mph to 35 mph on Carmel Park Drive at its Feb. 28 meeting, which will allow for police to do speed enforcement on the street and use speed radar and traffic calming measures.
The speed limit will change between Worsch Drive and Del Mar Trails Road.
California Vehicle Code requires surveys of public streets every seven years and that survey concluded that the posted limit be increased to 30 mph. The planning board had the option to support the limit remaining at 25 mph or being increased to 30 mph.
In January, board member Chris Moore expressed concern about raising the speed limit so close to Carmel Del Mar School and wanted to ensure the school was aware of the change before the board made a decision. Chair Frisco White said he received a letter from the Carmel Del Mar principal in support of raising the limit.
- Carmel Valley street could see increased speed limit
- East Ocean Air speed limit to be lowered
- Carmel Valley planning board approves updated Gables project plans
- Carmel Valley planning board unsympathetic to fairgrounds board position
- Carmel Valley Planning Board approves revised plans for Pacific Highlands Ranch Village Center
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=46391