Got Palms? St. Peter’s Del Mar calls for ‘frondly’ donations
On Palm Sunday, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Del Mar uses long palm leaves and fronds to hand out to parishioners and visitors—as well as to adorn the beams inside the church, hang on the patio posts and line the front entrance doorways. They all commemorate the exuberant greeting Jesus received when
he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey.
The church, however, is in need of the palms: to be exact, the stiff, six-foot leaves that come from king palm trees. If you have such leaves, St. Peter’s would be grateful for any donations. St. Peter’s is hoping to have its palms in hand by March 20; if you can make a donation, please contact the church at 858-755-1616.
This year, Palm Sunday will fall on March 24, when services will be
held at 7:45 a.m., 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
St. Peter’s is located at 334 14th St. in Del Mar Village, one block east of
Highway 101. For more information, see www.stpetersdelmar.net.
- St. Peter’s Parish choir in Del Mar seeks more voices
- Del Mar church offers family fun in February
- St. Peter’s Senior Lunch highlights animal companionship and communication
- St. Peter’s Starts holiday season with advent programs for all ages
- St. Peters offers February family fun
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=46691