Rides and Smiles senior transportation workshop is March 13 in Carmel Valley
By Karen Billing
Jewish Family Services recently celebrated its one-year anniversary of offering “Rides and Smiles On the Go” senior transportation in Carmel Valley. The service gave 615 rides to seniors in its first year and runs entirely on volunteers. JFS will host a volunteer workshop on Wednesday, March 13, at 6:30 p.m. at the Carmel Valley Library (3919 Townsgate Dr., San Diego, 92130-2584) for people to learn more about how they can get involved.
The service is valuable for seniors who need help getting to and from medical appointments or even just a trip to the grocery store or to meet family or friends. Volunteers can choose whom, when and where they drive using web-based scheduling. Mileage is reimbursed.
For more information, visit jfssd.org/onthego.
- Carmel Valley senior transportation on the way
- Senior transportation to begin in Carmel Valley
- Carmel Valley celebrates first anniversary of On the Go Transportation program
- Carmel Valley celebrates first anniversary of On the Go Transportation program; Volunteers needed
- Easter Eggstravaganza to be held in Carmel Valley
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=46615