Grand Opening of Carmel Valley Farmers Market
Alberto Alcantar and Uri Hernandez sell their vegetables at the Farmers Market
San Diego Mayor Bob Filner attended an official Grand Opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Carmel Valley Farmers Market on March 21. The market was recently re-opened by the Canyon Crest Academy Foundation.
The market is open every Thursday, year-round, from 2:30 p.m. to dusk.
The market offers a variety of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, fish, grass-fed meats, cheeses, olives, artisan breads and baked good, jams, nuts, local artisan food products, freshly prepared foods to eat in or take-away, and more. The market is located on the blacktop at the northwest end of the Canyon Crest campus, just to the right of the main entrance.
Produced by the Canyon Crest Academy Foundation, the Carmel Valley Farmers Market is managed by Raquel Pena, who also manages the
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market in the Fairbanks Ranch community
of Rancho Santa Fe.
Address: 5951 Village Center Loop Road, Carmel Valley, 92130
- Carmel Valley Farmers Market at Canyon Crest Academy to re-open Feb. 28
- New farmers market benefits Canyon Crest Academy Foundation
- Farmers Market gets new manager
- Del Mar Farmers Market supports charities
- Borrow-A-Bag Bring-A-Bag program starts at Del Mar Farmers Market
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=47831