Rail safety upgrades underway in Del Mar
The North County Transit District (NCTD) issued a reminder that starting this week and continuing intermittently through the summer, ongoing construction in the rail right-of-way in Del Mar will occur.
Specifically, on Friday, April 5, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. a work crew will be performing system upgrades and repairs for conduit near Powerhouse Park. The work will occur where the rail line intersects Coast Highway and at a second location to the south.
The work will not trigger the wayside horns, but under federal regulations trains entering work zones are mandated to blow their horns for worker safety.
- Del Mar to launch Wayside Horn system Sept. 14
- Del Mar to launch wayside horn system Sept. 14
- Pedestrian improvement work begins in Del Mar
- Del Mar Beach Safety Center opening celebration is June 27
- Wayside Horn Project moves forward, following 18 months of community fundraising
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=48175