Give One Paseo the green light
Benjamin Franklin stated that there are two certainties in our world. With the development and modernization of the car industry there are now three assurances – death, taxes and traffic.
With just another office building at the corner of Del Mar Heights and El Camino Real, there will be additional traffic in Carmel Valley but little in the way of mitigations. Period. We will continue to be a community of segregated land uses that make us dependent on the car.
The best way to deal with future impacts is to approve the mixed-use design of One Paseo along with all the traffic mitigations and improvements that go with it. Will there be added traffic? Yes. But with an office building we get more traffic and none of the community benefits envisioned with One Paseo. In fact, with more places to go in Carmel Valley, we will spend less time in our car driving from place to place.
Let’s give One Paseo the green light so we can finally have a true gathering place in Carmel Valley that reflects the residents’ desire for more opportunities to stay closer to home.
Thank you for taking the time to hear from a citizen of Carmel Valley.
- Opinion/Letters to the Editor: One Paseo would be terrific community asset, give economy a boost
- One Paseo project will give community its heart
- One Paseo would give Carmel Valley a heart
- One Paseo: Traffic jams for Carmel Valley
- One Paseo: Was fair traffic on Del Mar Heights Road a glimpse of the future?
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=48417