Author Tatjana Soli to speak at Solana Beach Library’s April Friends Night Out
Join the Solana Beach Library’s Friends Night Out on Tuesday, April 16, at 6:30 p.m.in Warren Hall as they welcome back novelist and short story writer Tatjana Soli. She will discuss her new book, “The Forgetting Tree,” a New York Times Notable Book of 2012. Soli is also the author of “The Lotus Eaters,” a New York Times Notable book of 2010.
Her new novel weaves the story of two women, from different cultural backgrounds, on a remote citrus farm in Southern California. It demonstrates how their two cultures collide resulting in dramatic consequences. The New York Times Book Review called this novel “daring and haunting.”
Copies of the book are available at the Solana Beach Library’s “Hot Right Now” Section and through the San Diego County Library system.
This is a free event open to the public. Refreshments will be served. Friends Night Out is sponsored by the Friends of the Solana Beach Library.
The Solana Beach Library is located at 157 Stevens Avenue, Solana Beach, CA 92075, (telephone 858-755-1404). For more information, contact Marilyn Kogen at email@example.com.
Photo caption: Author Tatjana Soli
Book caption: The Forgetting Tree, a New York Times Notable Book of 2012 by Tatjana Soli
- Friends of the Solana Beach Library to present award-winning author
- Solana Beach Library to host Friends Night Out event April 5
- Friends of Solana Beach Library to hold author presentation May 8
- Solana Beach Library to feature local author Woodrow Wilson at next ‘Friends Night Out’
- Solana Beach Library to present ‘Friends Night Out’
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=48629