Temporary light construction noise expected in Del Mar
From 1 a.m. on Saturday, April 20, until 4:30 a.m. on Monday, April 22, the coastal rail corridor-the track on which the Coaster travels will be shut down for rail upgrades. Residents of Del Mar should prepare for light construction noise during daylight hours.
The wayside horn will be deactivated and no horns will sound since no trains will be on the track Saturday and Sunday. In Del Mar, construction is planned on the railroad tracks south of the race track, north of the old train station, and in the vicinity of the Coast Boulevard rail crossing. Work crews, trucks, and small construction equipment will be in the vicinity of these work areas.
- SANDAG conducting geotechnical work this weekend
- Pedestrian improvement work begins in Del Mar
- Night maintenance work planned at the Del Mar Bluffs
- North Torrey Pines Bridge closure to take place Jan. 12-13
- Airport construction likely to cause snarls tonight, Sunday
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=48915