Friends of Del Mar Mesa to host ‘Friends Launch & Trail Mixer’ in Carmel Valley
Friends of Del Mar Mesa is holding a “Friends Launch & Trail Mixer” on Sunday, June 9, at 3 p.m. at the eastern end of Rancho Toyon/The Preserve Way Trail Head.
Bring your trail shoes, horses, bikes, family, etc. for the official launch of the Friends of Del Mar Mesa. Join Friends’ directors, public officials, media, environmental and community planning representatives. The ceremony begins at 3 p.m. and the Trail Mixer tour, led by a naturalist and board member, begins at 3:20 p.m. Dogs on-leash, please.
Del Mar Mesa is bordered: to the north by Carmel Valley and Rancho Santa Fe; to the south by Los Peñasquitos Canyon; to the east by Rancho Peñasquitos and Pacific Highlands Ranch; and to the west by Carmel Valley and Torrey Hills. State Route 56 (Ted Williams Freeway) is slightly north of this community.
Del Mar Mesa Preserve is part of the City of San Diego’s Multiple Species Habitat Plan and serves as an essential animal life corridor connecting city and county preserves.
- Friends of Del Mar Mesa to hold trail tours
- Carmel Valley: Del Mar Mesa community planning board votes to keep Del Mar Mesa within District One
- Missing Carmel Valley area trail connection continues to stymie city’s new resource management plan
- Del Mar Mesa trail plan delayed until 2009
- Del Mar Mesa board elects directors, officers of Friends of Del Mar Mesa Preserve
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=51597