Local Harvard student recipient of prestigious Harvard Commencement Prize
Harvard 2013 graduate Nadia Farjood was recently awarded the Paul Revere Frothingham Fund Prize by the President and Fellows at Harvard College.
The prize (scholarship) is “to be given each year to the one member of the Senior Class at Harvard College, who in the opinion of the President and the Dean of the College, best exemplifies the qualities of excellent scholarship, character, effective support of the best interests of Harvard.”
Farjood was a 2009 graduate of Torrey Pines High School. She graduated with honors on May 30 with a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude in government.
She also has a secondary (minor) in neurobiology. She served as a Class Marshal for the 2013 class of 1,651 graduates.
This summer Farjood will serve as an associate in the White House Office of Presidential Correspondence in Washington, D.C., supported by a grant.
- Roberts completes Harvard program
- Walter Munk named 2010 Crafood Prize recipient
- Carmel Valley student selected for prestigious program
- Del Mar residents graduate with assorted degrees, earn honors
- Torrey Pines High School grad headed to Harvard Medical School
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=51690