Del Mar Heights, Del Mar Hills Friendship Games
Del Mar Hills and Del Mar Heights first and second graders came together on June 7 for the Friendship Games at Del Mar Hills School. The games were the culmination of four months worth of friendships forged over pen pal letters; the pen pals met for the first time on Friday afternoon and exchanged a final letter and a new book. Children sat in pairs reading their letters and books before eating lunch together.
The children then got to play games with their new pals, giggling and sharing smiles.
While they attend different schools across Del Mar Heights Road from each other, the children are part of the same Del Mar community and will likely play in the same sports leagues and attend junior high and high school together. Erica Halpern, Del Mar Heights PTA president, said the pen pal program and games were a great way to start building strong friendships among Del Mar’s children.
— Photos, report by Karen Billing
- Plan would affect Hills, Heights schools only
- Thanksgiving: Del Mar Heights and Hills
- Del Mar Heights students’ creativity will be used to help raise funds at ‘Walk for Water’
- Del Mar Hills Academy to hold ‘21st Century Learning Night and the Common Core’ March 26
- Hills school struggles with public’s perception
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=52177