Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society marks 60 years
San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy Executive Director Doug Gibson addresses the guests.
The Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society held a special celebration June 7 at the Lomas Santa Fe Country Club.
The event celebrated the Society’s 60th anniversary. The Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society, then called the Solana Beach Women’s Civic Club, was founded in 1953, which makes it one of the oldest continually operating organizations in town.
The Society celebrated its 60th anniversary by making a $10,000 donation to the San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy, specifically earmarked for the Gateway Campaign.
At the June 7 event, the Society also installed its officers for 2013-14 (Solana Beach Mayor Mike Nichols performed the installation).
Look for a story on the Society and its 60 years of community service in an upcoming issue of this newspaper.
- Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society collecting photos for city’s 25th anniversary
- Civic & Historical Society of Solana Beach Holiday Boutique
- Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society’s schedules Holiday Boutique
- Civic & Historical Society of Solana Beach to hold annual Holiday Boutique Nov. 10
- SB Civic and Historical Society gets funky
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=52155