Solana Pacific Founding Principal Brian McBride Retires
By Bhuvana Ramanathan
Solana Pacific Principal Brian McBride was honored in a ceremony at Solana Pacific School on June 7. Former and current students, parents and teachers were all there, including new San Dieguito Union School District Superintendent Rick Schmitt, who is a former parent.
Sixth grade teacher Mrs. Johnson gave a warm speech congratulating Mr. McBride on successfully taking the challenge of being the first principal of a 5th/6th grade school and combining the staff and teachers from two different schools into one cohesive team.
Fifth grade teacher Mr. Singley humorously roasted Mr. McBride, making fun of his ties and his love of See’s candy, while also complimenting him on his calm demeanor and the fact that he knew every student’s name.
TPHS 12th grader and Solana Pacific alumni Ryan Bath gave a nostalgic speech about his memories of Mr McBride from grade school. Current 6th grader Ryan Watts talked about how Mr. McBride is like a parent, teacher and king all in one.
The highlight of the event was PTA president Stephanie Kowack presenting a magnolia tree on the school ground, and unveiling its plaque which reads: “All great achievements require time. Mr. McBride, all the Solana Pacific families thank you for your time! June 2013”
- Solana Pacific Principal Brian McBride to be honored in Carmel Valley
- New principal selected for Solana Pacific School in Carmel Valley
- New principal of Solana Pacific School announced by Solana Beach School District
- Sharks and Solana Pacific join forces to repair school fields in Carmel Valley
- Solana Pacific Sand Pipers Rookie Team places high in several events at 2013 Science Olympiad
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=51984