Del Mar high school student selected to participate in national leadership program
Jacob Lyon, a junior at Torrey Pines High School in 2012- 2013, has been selected to participate in the Economics for Leaders program being conducted at the University of Washington, Seattle from July 7 – 14.Jake is one of 32 students from around the country who has been honored by being accepted into the Foundation for Teaching Economics’ Seattle Economics for Leaders program. All of the students have been selected because they have demonstrated excellent leadership potential.
During the week-long Economics for Leaders program, students attain an understanding of economic reasoning principles and how to employ these concepts for successful and effective leadership.
Additionally, participants achieve a heightened awareness of the impact their decisions have on others and the responsibility that awareness imposes. Students who have attended Economics for Leaders programs in prior years have called it “the experience of a lifetime.”
- Solana Beach and Del Mar area Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program graduates CCA students
- Chinese high school students to visit San Diego; High Bluff Academy hosts Cross Cultural Program Aug. 6-16
- Torrey Pines High School student receives national honor
- Carmel Valley student selected for prestigious program
- Winston School teacher selected to judge national youth arts contest
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=52423