Del Mar Foundation event features stem cell expert
The Del Mar Foundation held an informational talk June 10 by Larry Goldstein, author of Stem Cells for Dummies and distinguished Professor, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine and Department of Neurosciences, at the University of California School of Medicine. The event was held at the Del Mar Powerhouse Community Center.
Goldstein is also the director of the UCSD Stem Cell Program and scientific director of the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine. He is the author of numerous publications and his research is at the forefront of developing an understanding of, and therapies for, Alzheimer’s disease and ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), often known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
For more information about the Del Mar Foundation, visit www.delmarfoundation.org.
- Del Mar Foundation Meet & Greet Series brings Dr. Lawrence S. B. Goldstein to Powerhouse
- Stem cell guru to discuss book
- La Jolla groundbreaking a landmark for stem cell collaboration
- Stem cell research tackles Lou Gehrig’s disease
- $11.5 million grant to aid UCSD stem cell researchers tackling Lou Gehrig’s disease
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=52558