Solana Beach trash fees to increase
By Kristina Houck
Solana Beach residents will pay more to have their trash hauled beginning in July.
The city’s annual garbage and recycling rates will rise roughly 1.9 percent, following a 4-0 vote to increase fees by the City Council on June 26. Deputy Mayor Thomas M. Campbell was absent from the meeting.
Monthly fees for single-family residential customers will increase from $20.68 per month to $21.08, and fees for multi-family residential customers will increase from $97.45 to $99.33. Commercial rates will increase from $99.15 to $101.04.
Under franchise agreements with the city, Coast Waste Management and EDCO Waste and Recycling Services may request an annual rate review to adjust fees to offset landfill disposal and cost of living increases. Both companies have served Solana Beach since August 1993.
There were no public comments during the hearings, and the city didn’t receive any written letters protesting the fee increases.
- Solana Beach City Council OKs trash collection rate hikes
- Solana Beach City Council approves rate increases requested by trash haulers
- Solana Beach sewer service charge to increase
- Solana Beach to discuss proposed SDG&E rate increase
- S.D. city council approves water rate increase
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=52897