Celia Lawley to perform at Carmel Valley Library July 10
July’s free family music program sponsored by the Friends of the Carmel Valley Library will be held on Wednesday, July 10, at 7 p.m. in its community room. It will feature Celia Lawley, the Fiddle Girl, in a program of Irish, Cajun, Bluegrass, Gypsy, Greek, and other violin music. The program will last 45 minutes.
Lawley’s love of music started at age 5 with lessons in violin, piano, and voice. She graduated from the USC School of Music with a degree in violin performance and then began performing popular styles of music including country, bluegrass, Latin jazz, rock, blues, Cajun, and Celtic. This led to performances throughout the United States and Canada on TV and at fairs, festivals, and concerts, including ones at the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede, Pacific Northwest Exhibition, National Rodeo Finals, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and Ramona Bluegrass Festival. She has also performed at many libraries and other venues in Southern California as a solo act and with various bands. Go to her website at www.fiddlegirl.com for more information about Celia Lawley and her programs.
The Carmel Valley Library is located at 3919 Townsgate Drive in Carmel Valley. For further information call (858) 552-1668.
- Coterie Celli to perform at the Carmel Valley Library July 31
- Violinist Michael Dvoskin to perform at Carmel Valley Library Feb. 13
- Coterie Celli to perform at the Carmel Valley Library on July 31
- Canyon Crest Acadent students/Trio con Brio to perform at the Carmel Valley Library on June 9
- The Pizarro Brothers to perform at the Carmel Valley Library on April 10
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=52957