Carmel Valley resident wins ‘Best of Show’ award at La Jolla Festival of the Arts
Carmel Valley resident Sue Britt won a “Best of Show” award at the 27th Annual La Jolla Festival of the Arts.
The La Jolla Festival of the Arts named eight Best of Show artists at this year’s event. For the past 27 years each June, the fine arts festival has brought the West’s most established and emerging artists to coastal San Diego, with proceeds benefitting San Diegans with disabilities. Nearly 200 artists showcased a vast array of mediums and techniques during the Festival, held June 22 to 23 at UC San Diego’s Warren Field.
The recipients of the categories are:
Ceramics: Michael Weinberg – Page Springs, Ariz.
Fiber/Textiles: Sue Britt – Carmel Valley, Calif.
Glass: Sherry Salito-Forsen – San Clemente (second time winner)
Jewelry: Susan Ronan – Coronado, Calif.
Mixed Media: Elizabeth Dunlop – Mesa, Ariz.
Painting: Erin Hanson – Burbank, Calif.
Photography: Youngbok Park – Oakland, Calif.
Sculpture: Dan McCabe – Prescott, Ariz.
For more information about the La Jolla Festival of the Arts and about next year’s show, visit http://www.ljfa.org.
- La Jolla Festival of the Arts to be held June 23-24
- Artist from La Jolla Festival of the Arts to install a ‘San Diego Staple’ in Solana Beach
- Carmel Valley resident and assistant professor wins Professoriate Award
- Carmel Valley resident receives Science Ethics Award
- Carmel Valley resident wins second place at Digital Art and Photography Show
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=53322