Motorists in Del Mar area jailed for DUI on racing season’s Opening Day
By City News Service
Ten motorists were jailed on suspicion of driving while intoxicated around the Del Mar Racetrack on opening day, July 17, of this summer’s horse-racing season at the oceanfront venue, authorities reported.
Law enforcement personnel from around the county made the arrests Wednesday as part of a DUI “saturation patrol’’ in Del Mar and nearby areas in Encinitas, Solana Beach and northern San Diego, sheriff’s Lt. Julius Faulkner said.
During the operation, which ran from late afternoon until midnight, officers and deputies made 111 traffic stops, performed 25 field sobriety evaluations, issued four traffic tickets and impounded 10 vehicles, the lieutenant said.
The special detail was funded by a grant from the state Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- 266 motorists stopped in Solana Beach DUI checkpoint
- Opening Day of the 2012 Del Mar Racing Season promises to be better than ever
- Racing season’s Opening Day promises to be better than ever
- Laptop computers stolen from Skyline School in Solana Beach
- 20 arrested when boat comes ashore in Leucadia
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=54081