Valerie Harper supports Lung Cancer Foundation of America’s ‘Day at the Races’
Actress and lung cancer advocate Valerie Harper and her husband Tony Cacciotti joined with other lung cancer advocates and supporters at the Lung Cancer Foundation of America’s “Day at the Races” event, “the only event of its kind in the USA to support lung cancer research,” at the Del Mar Racetrack on July 28.
Harper, who is currently fighting lung cancer that has occurred in the lining of her brain, is helping to bring attention to lung cancer, the USA’s number one cancer killer for both men and women, accounting for nearly 30 percent of all cancer deaths, according to the Lung Cancer Foundation of America.
LCFA’s “Day at the Races” featured a special “Breath Of Life” race to support lung cancer research and help educate the public about this disease.
- Physician challenges lung cancer statistic
- Cancer survivor fights for awareness
- Father’s Day golf effort raises funds for Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Kids Korps makes pizzas for cancer foundation
- The Seany Foundation celebrates five years of fighting cancer at Oct. 13 event
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=54514