More needed to stop pot/tobacco smoking at race concerts
I agree with the letter to the editor “No smoking signage and enforcement needed at race concerts.” The writer is spot on regarding the lack of signage and enforcement.
At last Friday’s race concerts, I watched several sheriff’s deputies stand in front of a group of smokers and do nothing. I guess they leave the no-smoking enforcement to the security hired by the fairgrounds. The security is far too sparse to be effective. Not only was there tobacco smoking, but marijuana as well.
We should do more at these publicly-owned venues to strictly prohibit marijuana/tobacco smoking, especially if they are allowing all ages to attend.
- No smoking signage and enforcement needed at race concerts
- Tobacco and marijuana smoking an issue at Del Mar Racetrack concerts
- Fairgrounds enacts smoking ban
- Fairgrounds enacts smoking ban, concert policy
- The fairgrounds is park-like, not music arena
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=55366