San Diego Surf BU10 Academy II Defending Champions 2013 Coastal Classic
San Diego Surf’s BU10 Academy II team, coached by Montele Graves, won the Carlsbad Coastal Classic for the second year in a row. The boys played in Flight 1, which included powerhouse teams such as Puma Unam Academy out of Deportivo, Mexico; Conejo Valley United Soccer Club out of Thousand Oaks; and local teams Carlsbad Wave, Del Mar Sharks and Carlsbad Lightening.
“It was great to see the boys working hard for each other to get the best results possible. They really came together as players and as a team this weekend. It’s also nice to see them retain their title to become back-to-back champions of this competitive tournament!” said Coach Montele Graves.
The team celebrated with a pool party where they tried (unsuccessfully) to throw Coach Graves into the pool.
The team pictured in the back (left to right) is: David Kotoyan, Zuriel Flores, Travis Hackett, Coach Montele Graves, Matty Allen and Johnny Billington.
The front row (left to right) is: Michael Iribarren, Jake Goodyear, Evan Chang, Jace Wasserman, Reif A. and Lucky Babcock-Chi (not pictured).
- Surf BU11 Academy team wins 2013 West Coast Futsal Regional Tournament
- Surf BU10 White Team Surf Thanksgiving Cup finalists
- Manchester Boys U8 Academy win the Carlsbad Wave Coastal Classic!
- Del Mar/Carmel Valley Sharks BU12 Gold – Coastal Classic Champions!
- San Diego Surf U7 and U8 boys teams tops at 2013 Encinitas Rotary Cup
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=55451