Teen Volunteers in Action Chapter 2 kickoff event
Teen Volunteers in Action Chapter 2 held its annual kickoff event on Sept. 8 at Sage Canyon Elementary School. TVIA partnered with Family & Friends Community Connection (FFCC) to prepare more than 28,000 meals for needy families both in San Diego and in Tanzania. Fighting hunger both locally and across the world is a major priority of FFCC.
As of August 2011, FFCC volunteers and contributors have purchased, packaged, and shipped over 3.3 million meals to Tanzania, Africa, 1.2 million meals to Haiti, 300,000 meals to Mexico, 100,000 to Japan, and also distributed 600,000 meals to local families in need.
Serving the north coastal communities of Del Mar, Carmel Valley, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas and Carlsbad, Teen Volunteers in Action is an organization of young men, grades 7-12, committed to developing community leaders through a structured program of volunteerism, philanthropy and personal growth.
- Teen Volunteers in Action SD2 Chapter hosts parent luncheon
- Teen Volunteer In Action chapter to hold fall kick-off event
- Teen Volunteers in Action starting new chapter
- Carmel Valley church to hold food packing event to feed the homeless
- Teen Volunteers in Action Winter Parents’ Meeting
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=56865