‘Party ARTy’ benefit supports arts education for schools in need
The first annual “Party ARTy” event was held in Del Mar Sept. 15 to bring arts education to local classrooms in area schools facing hardship. The event featured live art and musical performances along with gourmet food & wine pairings.
The beneficiary is ArtReach, a not-for-profit organization that began in 2007 with the mission of increasing access to visual art education for K-6 students in schools throughout San Diego County that had no or scant art resources. Since then, ArtReach teaching artists have worked with thousands of kids to open their eyes to experience the joy and creativity only art can bring. Visit www.artreachsandiego.org.
Photos/McKenzie Images. For photos online, visit www.delmartimes.net.
- Del Mar Highlands shopping center supports local art education
- Del Mar Union School District supports California schools’ Week of Action
- Rethinking the role of arts education for diversified opportunities and well-balanced students
- Prop CC does not benefit the education of students — Vote ‘No’
- Carmel Valley resident creates fundraising platform that supports local schools
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=57154