Opportunity is here to eliminate the need for horns
As the repair to the North Torrey Pines Highway bridge over the tracks nears completion I am wondering if the temporary fences that have been installed to stop pedestrians will be left in place. As I recall, the trains began blowing their horns years ago when people would unsafely cross the tracks to gain beach access. This access was from the North Torrey Pines Beach parking lot and North Torrey Pines Road. If the fences were left in place or new fences installed the pedestrian traffic would not be a problem. This would eliminate the horns, improve safety and give us all silence.
During the recent construction the trains would sound their horns to alert the work crews. This was acceptable but we now have an opportunity to stop the pedestrian traffic and eliminate the need for horns.
Kurt A. Schlegel
- North Torrey Pines Bridge closure to take place Jan. 12-13
- Del Mar to launch Wayside Horn system Sept. 14
- Del Mar to launch wayside horn system Sept. 14
- North Torrey Pines Bridge evening road closures scheduled for May 28
- City of Del Mar North Torrey Pines Bridge contractor announces evening road closures
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=57274