Woodstock Festival in Solana Beach?
Fletcher Cove Community Center is a charming building, not pretentious and very small. After a tasteful renovation it is now usable and is a perfect space to gather friends for a small celebration: the view of the Pacific makes it unique.
I helped in the gathering of signatures to set up a special election, as the city council would not allow it to be rented out. Under pressure, the city council decided after enough signatures were gathered to allow a trial period, but with unrealistic restrictions and clauses, that are different from the City Ordinance. I urge the Council not to waste $200,000 on a special election but adopt an Initiative, which by only using the existing laws, really is a logical approach to the problem. If a group renting the facilities breaks the laws, the city would issue a fine. This Community Center is not going to attract a Woodstock festival.
Irene de Watteville,
- Solana Beach special election: Don’t be fooled
- Citizen initiative filed, should be adopted by Solana Beach City Council
- Give the City’s Fletcher Cove Community Center policy a chance
- Solana Beach Council’s compromise addresses problems related to parking, access and safety
- Fletcher Cove Community Center: How did we get into this mess?
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=57558