Let’s get the story straight
The Friends of Fletcher Cove Community Center sent out a flyer this week to Solana Beach residents with an attached postcard urging them to speak out against a special election. The phrasing of the flyer makes it appear that the card was sent from a coalition of nearby neighbors. The aim of the flyer is to put the blame on the Solana Beach City Council for causing a special election.
In fact, it is the group who sent the flyer who are the ones responsible for the special election. They went ahead and submitted signatures for validation after the Council had come up with a compromise policy. If they were genuinely interested in serving the best interest of all Solana Beach residents then they would have stopped the initiative process and allowed the council’s policy to go forward with the possibility of amendments in the future, as needed. Instead they have put City Council in a bind, practically forcing them to accept an initiative that cannot be changed except by a special election.
- Solana Beach Council’s compromise addresses problems related to parking, access and safety
- The price tag for the special election is on the sponsors of the Party Policy Initiative
- Solana Beach special election: Don’t be fooled
- Give the City’s Fletcher Cove Community Center policy a chance
- Solana Beach does not need a costly election to establish a private party policy for FCCC
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=58331