Customers, employees evacuated from Del Mar Heights grocery store

By City News Service

Overheated electrical wires behind the produce section in a Del Mar Heights grocery store on Oct. 13 sent smoke billowing into the store, which prompted authorities to evacuate its shoppers and employees, fire officials said.

Smoke from the smoldering wires was reported at the Vons store at 2606 Del Mar Heights Road about 3:20 p.m., a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department dispatcher said.

The non-injury electrical fire caused about $1,000 to the property and another $2,000 in damage to its contents, the dispatcher said.

The dispatcher said fire crews cleared the area about 4:15 p.m.

Related posts:

  1. Del Mar grocery store clerk killed in hit and run bicycle accident
  2. Firefighters knock down Carmel Valley house fire
  3. Apartment fire in Torrey Highlands displaces occupants
  4. 7-Eleven store in Del Mar Heights area robbed
  5. Two hospitalized after car hits water stand at Carmel Valley grocery store

Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=58450

Posted by Staff on Oct 14, 2013. Filed under Carmel Valley, News, Solana Beach, carmel valley. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Archives

Facebook

Bottom Buttons 1

Bottom Buttons 2

Bottom Buttons 3

Bottom Buttons 4

Bottom Buttons 5

Bottom Buttons 6

LA JOLLA NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RSS RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS