Del Mar Rotary Club’s Chili & Quakers Challenge
The Rotary Club of Del Mar’s annual Chili & Quakers Challenge was held on
Oct. 19 at Powerhouse Park in Del Mar.
The club is hoping to raise over $20,000 for local and international charitable efforts.
The event offered attendees the opportunity to sample a variety of chili made by Del Mar restaurants, residents, charities, and local fire-firefighters as they competed to create the best chili in the cook-off. The event also offered family activities such as face painting donated by Pinky’s Big Top Circus and wild hair designs by Vickie Lavanty Hair Salon, as well as plenty of games for the kids. Adults had the opportunity to enjoy a beer and wine garden.
The highlight of the day was the Ducky Derby featuring more than 2,000 rubber ducks. For more information on the event, visit www.chiliandquackers.com.
- Del Mar Rotary Club’s Chili & Quakers Challenge to be held Oct. 19
- Del Mar Rotary Club Chili & Quackers Challenge
- Del Mar Rotary Club brings back the Quack for 4th Annual Chili & Quackers Event
- Del Mar Rotary Club to hold third annual Chili and Quackers Challenge
- Rotarians get ‘Quacked Up’: Del Mar Rotary Club brings back the Quack for 4th Annual Chili & Quackers Event
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=59159