Congressman Scott Peters voices appreciation to Carmel Valley planning board
By Karen Billing
Congressman Scott Peters popped by the Carmel Valley Library on Oct. 24 to drop in on the Carmel Valley Community Planning Board’s monthly meeting. When in San Diego, Peters said he likes to visit the military, local businesses and community groups.
Peters complimented and thanked the board members for their hard work and noted that when he was on City Council, Carmel Valley was one of the most functional planning groups in the city and that he strongly valued the Carmel Valley planning board’s opinions and recommendations.
The freshman congressman spoke candidly about the challenges in Washington DC and how he continues to focus on problem solving and working across party lines.
“We had an awful month. The 16-day shutdown had horrible consequences…all for really no reason,” Peters said. “It can be tremendously frustrating but I get on a plane every week hoping to make it better.”
- Congressman Scott Peters presents award to Canyon Crest Academy student
- Carmel Valley planning board voices opposition to group’s proposal to move Carmel Valley to another district
- More openings on Carmel Valley planning board
- Carmel Valley planning board to send city a letter on marijuana issue
- San Dieguito River Valley seat to be added to Carmel Valley planning board
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=59383