Reduce One Paseo but keep Main Street environment
Regarding the article, “Re-circulation of Carmel Valley One Paseo project EIR to be released” posted online Oct. 23, 2013, it strikes me that the smallest of the alternatives to One Paseo is nothing more than a non-descript, traffic-inducing strip mall. Enough is enough. A lot of us are very tired of this fight, and would hope that the decision makers in our city wouldn’t waste the time and resources on discussing whether a strip mall is appropriate for this site in the heart of Carmel Valley. Clearly, it is not in my opinion. The best alternative is the one that reduces One Paseo but keeps the Main Street environment and a village atmosphere that will serve our community.
Longtime resident of Carmel Valley
- Main Street or mixed-use? Let’s discuss it!
- Opinion: Concerned citizens launch website on impacts of proposed Main Street project
- Opinion: Carmel Valley ‘Main Street’ project would create much-needed gathering place
- Carmel Valley community meeting on ‘Main Street’ project to be held Sept. 24
- One Paseo will help build a sense of community in Carmel Valley
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=59717