Solana Beach teacher recognized at ‘Salute to Teachers’ event
Solana Beach teacher Samantha Greenstein was recognized Oct. 5 at the San Diego County Office of Education’s “Salute to Teachers” ceremony at the Balboa Theatre in downtown San Diego.
The Earl Warren Middle School teacher, who was named the San Dieguito Union School District Teacher of the Year last spring, was among the top 10 San Diego County Teacher of the Year finalists.
This is Greenstein’s seventh year as a physical science teacher at Earl Warren Middle School. She taught for two years in Los Angeles before returning to her home district, where she attended Oak Crest and La Costa Canyon schools as a child.
The annual event honored San Diego County’s public school teachers and was televised live on Channel 4 San Diego. This year’s telecast marked 40 years of honoring teachers in San Diego County.
There were a total of 45 teachers nominated for the 2013-14 Teachers of the Year. Nominees were selected from approximately 26,000 current teachers in the region.
- Teacher of the Year happily comes full circle to teach at Earl Warren in Solana Beach
- Local teachers nominated for Crystal Apple Awards
- Earl Warren Spring Arts Festival to be held June 6 in Solana Beach
- Del Mar school district teachers continue training for Common Core
- New principal of Solana Pacific School announced by Solana Beach School District
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=59691