Kids Korps USA Presidential Service Awards Ceremony held in Carmel Valley
(Above) Kids Korps USA held its annual Presidential Service Awards Ceremony Oct. 6 at the Carmel Valley Recreation Center. Kids Korps USA, a locally based nonprofit organization with almost a 20-year history, works to instill the spirit of giving and community service in youth and young adults ages 5-25.
The Presidential Volunteer Service Award is a nationally-recognized awards program which encourages youth and adults to live of life of service. Kids Korps volunteers have given their time volunteering at local nonprofits in projects such as serving meals to the homeless, taking care of abandoned animals, cleaning up our local lagoons, spending time with senior citizens, and acting as buddies to youth with disabilities – among many other activities.
About 90 Kids Korps members have volunteered more than 2,000 hours of community service in the last year. If your family is interested in joining Kids Korps to support the vision of developing a future generation of volunteers and making a difference within the San Diego community please take the time to sign up as a member and inspire others to take positive action to change the world. Visit www.kidskorps.org.
- Kids Korps USA gets ready to Rock ‘n’ Roll at the marathon; Runners, teams, sponsors wanted
- Carmel Valley Sycamore Ridge Kids Korps Chapter members visit Women’s Resource Center
- Earl Warren students/Kids Korps volunteers participate in project to help end childhood hunger
- Kids Korps’ annual Eco Ball incorporates green solution
- Sage Canyon Kids Korps Thanksgiving baskets
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=59748