Carmel Valley students preparing for production of ‘Argonautika’
Torrey Pines High School is currently working on its upcoming production of Mary Zimmerman’s Argonautika. The cast, under the guidance of teacher/director Marinee Payne and student director Cat Canedy, has been practicing daily after school. The story is based on the Greek tragedy Jason and the Argonauts.
Payne makes this an all-student production. Everything from the lighting, set construction, make-up, costumes, and house managing is all done by students.
The show opens on Nov. 13 and runs Wednesday to Saturday for two weeks. Tickets will be available at www.tpplayers.com.
- Torrey Pines Players’ musical ‘Company’ a hit; Production runs through March 2
- Carmel Valley resident in Coronado School of the Arts’ production of Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Carmel Valley Middle School student to perform in local production of ‘Fiddler on the Roof’
- Carmel Valley student shines in recent ‘Guys and Dolls’ production at Balboa Park
- TP thespians set sights on Edinburgh festival
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=59783